Friday, 21 August 2020
  7 Replies
  287 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I found this difficult to process, but did the best I could whilst trying to keep the noise down and not push the stars too far relative to the main object. Pier 1 uses the brilliant AD250 10" F/6.8 Dall Kirkham scope, from 656 imaging, and 10 Microm GM1000 mount and FLI ML-8300 Mono CCD 2x2 Binned camera. The subs were all at 10 minutes long each and 18 per filter. Thus the integration time was 12 hours.

Thanks everyone.
Simon

VDB 141 working2 crop3.png
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Looks great to me Simon ?

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Looks vry nice Simon! Well done :) Keep it up!

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Cheers Steve for you recent comments! I am doing my best. Have a great day!
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks so much Phil for your supportive words on my recent images, I am glad you like them. I keep working away here... another one has just gone up. Have a nice day!
Votes
Undo
Hi Simon, 

Continuing on the deep underwater theme, definitely a new species of seahorse. 
Great colour and nicely processed, definitely worth the effort you put in. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Phil,

Thanks so much for being supportive of my recent postings. I appreciate it all greatly. Take care now!

Simon
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[size=100]Ray,

It is great to have you back on here with all your wonderful comments and various postings under various themes and images. I did think you had not been on here for a while, so it is good to hear from you. I really appreciate your ongoing support of all that I do - you are such an encourager! I know it seems like I have posted a lot, and I guess I have, but to be honest I do not spend too much time on an image because I only use variations on my standard processing techniques, and so generally if I am able to get an image out of the data I will know fairly soon. Plenty of pros can do way more than I can, and how they get some detail out of a data set, I do not know! There was some data on here the other day that I could not sort out - so I gave up. Besides, I only have the head space for so much and I have had a week at home with not much to do because of the quarantine business - I had a week remaining from the holiday. I thought your description about it being taken from a mini submarine deep underwater showing the bright "eyes" of an approaching dragon fish, in the bioluminescence, was great! That and the seahorse we could have some kind of hybrid - the Fire Breathing Horse nebula!

Anyway, I do hope you are ok and take care.

Simon

[/size]
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road