Wednesday, 13 January 2021
  5 Replies
  229 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I am fairly new to AP.  This is what I ended up with from the Roboscopes Pier 5 data last night.  I could not get Siril to stack without failing.  I finally used DSS, then stretched and color calibrated with Siril, finished with Photoshop. NGC2264RS.jpg NGC2264RS.jpg   Amazing what technology allows these days. NGC2264RS.jpg NGC2264RS.jpg NGC2264RS.jpg
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I apologize for the multiple images.  I don't know what I did wrong to post that way.
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
don't worry about it :)

nice pic :)

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

Votes
Undo
I know exactly what that feels like, having multiple-posted several times. :)

That's a part of the sky I haven't imaged before and a  very good choice for that pier. I hope that you are very encouraged with your result. If you are happy using layers and masks in Photoshop, then one thing you could try and make a minor improvement, is by removing some colour noise. I'm not sure that I would be up to doing that as there is so much going on in that image and you'd need to be very selective to restrict its use. 

I hope you don't mind me mentioning that. I'm very far from being any good myself, but that small issue is one I encountered using a colour camera here for the first time. I've previously used mono cameras with filters when doing my own imaging.

Hope to see the occasional post from you in the year ahead.

Cheers,

Ray

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here is another version of the first image.  Basically the same stacked TIF and tuned up with PS and Topaz Labs Denoise/Sharpen.  I think it is slightly better.
Attachments (1)
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks for the suggestions, Ray.  I am new and attempting to learn processing.  I am light years ahead of where I was 5 months ago but it is amazing how much there is to learn.  This was the first time I had to use debayering in  DSS.  I probably didn't use the feature to its full potential but, hey!, something new!  I am generally a SIril fan for stacking and stretching but I could not get SIril to stack the fits files without stopping with errors.  I am clueless why.  DSS worked, along with debayering and I used Siril to stretch.  Finally PS to finalize the image.

BTW, the Topaz Labs stuff is amazing and Denoise/Sharpen works as a filter inside of PS.

This is really a neat hobby.

Bob
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road