Wednesday, 19 January 2022
  3 Replies
  852 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

Hi,

I´d like to introduce myself with an image from the NGC 6960 sample dataset from Pier 7.

Using all of the available RGB H O data in a maybe weired colour combination.

Trying to get those fine nebula structures on the top right side as well as the Ha parts in the main nebula.

Stacking and processing all done in Affinity Photo using some of the JR astrophotography makros.

I joined the Roboscope Syndicate mainly to improve my image processing skills, so please feel free to criticise my work to open the "room for improvement" door ;-)

Looking forward to many great images and discussions here.

CS,

Martin

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Not a bad process but to my eyes the chosen colour pallet is a little pea soup to my eyes and lacks the visual punch narrowband data tends to give

HTH

Steve

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

"Pea soup colour pallet" - LOL!

OK, so here´s a more conventional colour scheme in order to prevent you from eye cancer ;-)

As for the visual narrowband-punch: any idea on how to visually seperate / "punch" the Ha and OIII data a bit further from the RGB channels? Would it be a good idea to evenly spread the 360° colour spectrum to the 5 R G B Ha OIII datasets (so 72° in between each dataset)? Or would that just result in another unnatural bad soup kind of look / mess?

CS

Martin

Attachments (1)
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Morning laughing

You know what they say about practice makes perfect, its just a case of trying new things and progressing, you certainly have lost the "pea soup" effect on this rendition. However this one as vibrant as it is leans heavily towards red with little other signal showing through. You have also introduced quite a lot of noise.

This is a pretty clean data set from memory so you should be able to push the colour well before the noise floor becomes apparent, not that I would suggest copying anyones work but this attached image is a decent example of a good colour balance as the OIII in this object is epically strong so you should be able to really make it sing :)

I am sure the members will chime in with tips and tricks but remember there is no right or wrong just fun and practice :)

Steve

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road