Friday, 02 October 2020
  5 Replies
  206 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Morning everyone.

Over the last few days I have managed to process these two - I am not entirely happy with IC5067, but I have done my best. IC 5067 comprises of 12 Has, 30 OIIIs and 30 SIIs, each at 10 minutes long exposure time - 12 hours integration time. RCOS-12.5 12.5" F/9 Ritchey Chrétien10 on a Micron GM2000 using a FLI ML-11002 Class1 Mono CCD 2x2 Binned.

M33 was 300 subs at 60s each, and thus it totals 5 hours of integration time. Pier 4 is a ZWO ASI-2066MC Pro OSC, with a Sigma 105mm f/1.4 lens stopped to F/2, an Astromechanics focuser, guided with a ZWO ASI-120 Mini and ZWO Mini guide scope, on an Astro Physics AP900 GTo3 mount. The mount actually runs unguided, so the guide scope is in there only as a backup

Have a good day everyone.
Simon

M33 widefield pier 4 fin.jpg

IC 5067 finished.png
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Lots of detail in that part of the Pelican nebula, and to me the pillar near the centre is a far more convincing looking elephant trunk than the so called one in Cepheus. You can even just about make out its head.

You've convinced me to have another go at the data I have from that pier, as all those I've seen from you are pretty well flawless, certainly in comparison with my attempts. 

Best regards, 
Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Firstly, well done Simon! as always :)

Ray - stop putting yourself down :)

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[size=100]Ray I totally agree with you, it even has tusks on it! It is good to hear from you and thanks for all your various comments of support - it is good to have you supporting me in this way. I have to agree with Phil though, you do put yourself down a bit. For me, you are a talented man, with many insights and abilities and I will be very happy to see another one of your images soon - hopefully. This astrophotography can drive you mad - you think the data you have received is gong to be fairly easy to use and then it is not... and then on other occasions other data surprises you, and the processing is quite straightforward. It is a slowly but surely approach I feel, and I try not to take it too seriously - well I try, and... I try!

Take care Ray and I do hope you are ok.

Simon

[/size]
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[size=100]Ray I totally agree with you, it even has tusks on it! It is good to hear from you and thanks for all your various comments of support - it is good to have you supporting me in this way. I have to agree with Phil though, you do put yourself down a bit. For me, you are a talented man, with many insights and abilities and I will be very happy to see another one of your images soon - hopefully. This astrophotography can drive you mad - you think the data you have received is gong to be fairly easy to use and then it is not... and then on other occasions other data surprises you, and the processing is quite straightforward. It is a slowly but surely approach I feel, and I try not to take it too seriously - well I try, and... I try!

Take care Ray and I do hope you are ok.

Simon

[/size]
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[size=100]As always Phil, much appreciated and thanks for taking to time to post your comments. I hope you are managing ok, and thanks for all the work you put in.

Simon

[/size]
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road