Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

IC1805 FROM PIER11 OSC CAMERA

Attachments (1)
Votes
Undo

Hi Morph3us, 

Another superb image from you. The colours are really rich, with great stars and also it reveals so much of the fainter stuff. A far more pleasing rendition of this nebula than most narrowband (false) images in my opinion.

If you wouldn't mind replying and telling me how many hours of exposure you took, I'd be grateful. That pier has up to now been a bit of a hidden gem, but probably not so hidden now that you've shared this image.

Cheers and thanks,

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hello Ray,

these are the exposure times and repetitions related to this photo:

FSQ106
RA ( -/+ HH MM SS ): 2h 33' 42"
DEC ( -/+ XXº XX` XX" ): 61° 23' 40"

OBJECT: IC1805
CAMERA SENSOR: OSC

Expo. 20sec
Repeat 65

Expo. 60sec
Repeat 65

Expo. 900sec
Repeat 50

*Total Exposure: 14 hours

The heart nebula probably wasn't exactly the ideal subject to do in color, but I liked the final rendering.

In my opinion the ideal mix would have been the color shot with the addition of some in HA & OIII.
Even from the observatory at home, in the hills, I take many shots in narrow band and they give a lot of satisfaction.

Cheers

Marco

Votes
Undo

Hi Marco 

Thank you for that, very informative. I've never considered using hdr on OSC cameras, so that's something for me to try. 

I agree that narrowband gives amazing results, but in this instance I've looked at it from an artistic perspective. I believe that the vast majority of people, excluding members of the astronomy community, would pick this one out against most narrowband versions, and also be more likely to name it correctly. :) 

Narrowband can reveal more intricate details and break down regions to show as different colours. Features such as the planetary nebula which I believe in this case is called WeBo1 stand out more clearly. So yes that's what I've always done with this target up until now. You've shown us some great images, that's really nice to see. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hello Ray,

certainly a broadband photo is more harmonious to admire ... but as I said, I think a mix could be the best compromise.

For the quality of the images I published, much of the credit is due to the quality of the sky Spanish sky and the quality of the roboscopes “astrohardware” ... I just simply processed the photos.

However it is understood that when I go to the mountains in Saint Barthelemy ( Aosta valley ), I shoot only directly in color .. the location has an excellent sky quality comparable to the Spanish sky, so I always try to maximize the shooting time in broadband.

cheers

Marco

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road