Friday, 11 February 2022
  4 Replies
  0.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

Hi fellows,

I wonder whether I should request IC1398 now to keep Pier 5 busy or wait until the new camera is in place (great news btw!!!)?

With the greater FOV IC1398 would fit better and doesn´t need to be cropped as it would right now (see attached preview).

Any opinions?

CS, Martin

Attachments (1)
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

I would wait if I were you, it will be a massive improvement not just because of the FOV, the 5.89um pixels will suit the E180 far far better than the 3.76um pixels it currently has. This should sharpen the whole image up in our opinion as its more in line with the telescopes own spot size.

PS I have asked Mike to re-input the Pipe job taking the new sensor into account as it will need far fewer panels LOL

It would be a massive help for us now we are doing this with the new camera if we just let the pier finish the work that's in there and then add all the new jobs after the camera swap, please let me know if you find this acceptable ?

Steve

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

I would wait if I were you, it will be a massive improvement not just because of the FOV, the 5.89um pixels will suit the E180 far far better than the 3.76um pixels it currently has. This should sharpen the whole image up in our opinion as its more in line with the telescopes own spot size.

PS I have asked Mike to re-input the Pipe job taking the new sensor into account as it will need far fewer panels LOL

It would be a massive help for us now we are doing this with the new camera if we just let the pier finish the work that's in there and then add all the new jobs after the camera swap, please let me know if you find this acceptable ?

Steve

Hi Steve,

OK I´ll wait for the new camera to do the elephant trunk job then.

Pipe panorama job with less images sounds good as well.

Just in case Pier 5 runs out of jobs BEFORE the new camera is installed: I put in a job for NGC 2237 which still fits the old camera perfectly. That object would not profit too much from the new camera setup I suppose.

CS, Martin

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Steve

Hi Steve,

OK I´ll wait for the new camera to do the elephant trunk job then.

Pipe panorama job with less images sounds good as well.

Just in case Pier 5 runs out of jobs BEFORE the new camera is installed: I put in a job for NGC 2237 which still fits the old camera perfectly. That object would not profit too much from the new camera setup I suppose.

CS, Martin

OK cool, I will get Pete to input the job later today.

On a plus note with the new camera you should find doing a small mosaic of RHO & Blue horse a more acceptable and rewarding proposition. Not to mention all the big Summer/Autumn/Winter nebs

You may even find I put a couple of my weird specials in over the coming months for members to enjoy. like I do from time to time on the other piers :)

Steve

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

OK cool, I will get Pete to input the job later today.

Same thing for additional M45 data ;-)

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham