Thursday, 20 August 2020
  3 Replies
  299 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Well I never thought I would see this double cluster at this wide an angle - when I have imaged it from home it has filled half the field of view! We also just about have the heart and soul nebula in the image too - shame we did not lower the cluster down a little bit to get them both in. I always thought the soul nebula looked more like a little baby!

Pier 4 is a ZWO ASI-2066MC Pro OSC, with a Sigma 105mm f/1.4 lens stopped to F/2, an Astromechanics focuser, guided with a ZWO ASI-120 Mini and ZWO Mini guide scope, on an Astro Physics AP900 GTo3 mount. The mount actually runs unguided, so the guide scope is in there only as a backup. I used 120 subs of this, at 30s long each, creating an integration time of 1 hour!

Take care...

D cluster ABE fin.jpg  

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
A lovely image Simon, Always nice seeing a double cluster :)

Yes I agree, it's a shame that we didn't get both in together :(

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks so much Phil, I hope you are having a good day! Simon
Votes
Undo
Hi Simon, 

Hope you are well and great to see you turning out some more images. Now onto that image itself. 

Had you not posted what the image was I could quite easily have been fooled into thinking that this was taken from a mini submarine deep underwater showing the bright "eyes" of an approaching dragon fish in the bioluminescence. That is really wide with those 2 nebulae at the top that are very difficult to capture together without mosaicing. 

Well done, 

Best regards, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road