Sunday, 24 December 2023
  3 Replies
  227 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

Ngc2264, the Christmas Tree Cluster captured on Pier 14 (FSQ106) with the asi6200 big sensor, during February to April 2021. A job submitted by Richard (Old Eyes) and myself, the only 2 subscribed to pier 14 at that time. That's nearly 3 years ago.

Note the star shapes in the corners of this slightly cropped image. :) The latest version of Blue Xterminator now makes the reprocessing and improvement to old images taken on pier 14 possible.

Have a good Christmas holiday everyone and best wishes for 2024. Finally thanks to the Roboscopes team for their efforts this year, and I even include Steve in that.

Attachments (1)

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

4 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

Very nice! And very tempting to go back to all those early attempts.

Problem is I have a lot of old data that could be improved, and only a certain amount of time to indulge my hobby!

The family have views!

Nadolig Llawen!

4 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

Interesting and beautiful palette, well done sir!

Merry Christmas and a happy clear sky filled new year to all :)

4 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

Thank you Richard and Annunika for the kind words, much appreciated. Talk about a slow learner, it's taken me a lot of time and effort just to slightly improve something I did nearly 3 years ago. :(

The interesting palette was from my first use of a recent process written for PixInsight. It's called Narrowband Normalization and another result of a collaboration between Bill Blanshan and Mike Cranfield. Basically it provides the means to adjust the contribution of Oxygen, and Sulphur when applicable, in a narrowband image. So for example in SHO both the oxygen and sulphur can be increased or decreased to produce a variation in colour to the original image. There is a preview, therefore changes can be seen in real time. In addition it allows you to reduce green as SCNR allows, plus adjustments to the overall brightness of the image. Hopefully, as I've not attempted this before :), there is a link to a YouTube video by one of the authors explaining everything you need to know. 

In my image I slightly reduced the green, increased the oxygen by15%, the sulphur by 30% and slightly brightened it. 

Cheers, CS and hope you all have a great new year, 

Ray 

https://youtu.be/6se3b1ZotMc?feature=shared

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road