Latest Announcement: Roboscopes Forum & Gallery is moving to Discord View Post
  Wednesday, 19 January 2022
  3 Replies
  891 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

Hi,

being a new Syndicate member for Pier 1 & 5 I still have to learn a lot about how to use this great remote opportunity in an appropiate and effective way.

So for the beginning I´d like to suggest an image of IC 405 together with the nearby IC 410.

Questions:

- would both objects fit in the FOV of Pier 5 (including camera orientation)?

- or would it be better to create a mosaic? Would it be worth the double time?

- I saw that IC 405 is within the queue already - would you mind doing this object twice?

- while I have no clue about the right timing settings yet and Arigae is quite bright while the nebulas are not I thought to start with 30 x 200s and 20 x 60s images in order to handle the large dynamic range. What do you think, other suggestions? Or is the ASI 2600MC pro able to deal with that dynamic range without any problems, so only the longer times would be required without running into saturation issues?

CS

Martin

Votes
Undo

Hello Martin,
Welcome to Roboscopes.
I like the idea of creating a mosaic. To see how the FOV is with the telescope, I use the Telescopius page. Just select an object and enter the technical data of the telescope. However, I am also unsure about the exposure times.

CS
Darius

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

The 2600 handles dynamic range really well to be honest, for example you can do m81 300s for the IFN but still keep the galaxy as well :)

Just be aware however that sometimes shorter exposures and more of them work out better with the new generation CMOS

HTH

steve

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hi,

Thx Darius for the Telescopius reference!

I placed the data of Pier 5 equipment and got the attached FOV for IC405 & IC410.

Looks like it would fit perfectly, so no mosaic required (unless we also want to include NGC1931 further to the left).

Would it be possible though to identify the right positioning and orientation for that FOV?

According to Steves comment with respect to the dynamic range of the ASI2600 and his tip to rather use multiple shorter exposures on that CMOS sensor I would go for 50 x 180s...

Any more suggestions?

CS

Martin

Attachments (1)
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham