By simonnickydowning on Thursday, 20 August 2020
Posted in Latest Images
Replies 3
Likes 0
Views 307
Votes 0
Well I never thought I would see this double cluster at this wide an angle - when I have imaged it from home it has filled half the field of view! We also just about have the heart and soul nebula in the image too - shame we did not lower the cluster down a little bit to get them both in. I always thought the soul nebula looked more like a little baby! Pier 4 is a ZWO ASI-2066MC Pro OSC, with a Sigma 105mm f/1.4 lens stopped to F/2, an Astromechanics focuser, guided with a ZWO ASI-120 Mini and ZWO Mini guide scope, on an Astro Physics AP900 GTo3 mount. The mount actually runs unguided, so the guide scope is in there only as a backup. I used 120 subs of this, at 30s long each, creating an integration time of 1 hour! Take care... D cluster ABE fin.jpg  
A lovely image Simon, Always nice seeing a double cluster Yes I agree, it's a shame that we didn't get both in together
·
3 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks so much Phil, I hope you are having a good day! Simon
·
3 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Simon,  Hope you are well and great to see you turning out some more images. Now onto that image itself.  Had you not posted what the image was I could quite easily have been fooled into thinking that this was taken from a mini submarine deep underwater showing the bright "eyes" of an approaching dragon fish in the bioluminescence. That is really wide with those 2 nebulae at the top that are very difficult to capture together without mosaicing.  Well done,  Best regards,  Ray 
·
3 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post