Latest Announcement: Great weather forecast for new moon and beyond! View Post
  Monday, 17 January 2022
  11 Replies
  469 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Just thought it might be a good idea to create another topic for the new year as the existing one for posting images now is on to page 5.
Votes
Undo

Hi Richard, 

A couple of memory joggers for you. Plus a third one for Steve. All these are from shortly after their return from Spain when they were intending to revisit a short while after. 

1 month ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hi Richard, 

There is a lot of nebulosity there for sure, very nice. And yes it is a shame about those stars. Perhaps after gathering data using the new better filters they'll be a way to combine it with this and bring down those halos so they're less intrusive. It's high time someone brough out a Halo-Crusher app, would be very popular. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Job labelled "878 p14 ic443 009" was captured on 27th Feb with the new camera, and presumably filters. I have not processed this relatively short capture yet, as I have not created the new calibration files yet. However, from inspection of the Ha subs, it does look like the halos are better controlled. I might have a look at that sometime this week.

Votes
Undo

Hi Richard, 

There is a lot of nebulosity there for sure, very nice. And yes it is a shame about those stars. Perhaps after gathering data using the new better filters they'll be a way to combine it with this and bring down those halos so they're less intrusive. It's high time someone brough out a Halo-Crusher app, would be very popular. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

1 month ago
·
Votes
Undo

We have a number of runs on IC443 in narrowband, so I combined several to see what I could get. This is from jobs 1194, 1372 and 1373. Only the 300 sec subs.

1194 was taken with the camera about 90 degrees rotated from the others, so I had to do some cropping to create a usable combined frame.

Managed to reveal the fainter nebulosity around the Jellyfish, but at the price of severe star halos on mu- and eta-Gem. AS they overlay the nebula detail, I am not sure I have the skills to remove them.

Mapping is:

• Red - Ha + S2
  • Green - Ha + 0.6xO3 with a touch of S2
  • Blue - O3

Attachments (1)
1 month ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hi Richard 

Nice to see that one and also the Rho Ophiuchi you've put in the gallery. I do have one of those datasets but so far have fortunately always been able to find something easier to do instead. After all there is always Mañana. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Yes, I am making an effort to process some of the backlog during the summer season when the piers are less productive. I have already reached the point where I have no astronomical dark and only 4 hours of nautical dark. That will be gone soon too.

I have just had a bash at the Pier 1 M81 and will post that soon.

Still lots to do!

Votes
Undo

Hi Richard 

Nice to see that one and also the Rho Ophiuchi you've put in the gallery. I do have one of those datasets but so far have fortunately always been able to find something easier to do instead. After all there is always Mañana. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

1 month ago
·
Votes
Undo

This is my Perseus Molecular Cloud mosaic.

Attachments (1)
2 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

As suggested by Ray, I am sharing the images I could derive from Pier14. Some are "pure Pier14" and others contain Pier14 data that I integrated with either Pier6 (new Pier11) data and/or data captured from my backyard.

Seagull nebula 1 (Pier14)

Seagull nebula 2 (Pier6/OSC)

Jellyfish (Pier14) before the maintenance visit

vdB 152 (Pier14)

Perseus Molecular Cloud (Pier14)

VirgoGalaxies and Markarian's chain (Pier14) integrated with backyard OSC data at 516mm f/2.2 and 1645mm f/7 to create a mosaic (12-panes at 512mm). This is still work in progress as I now have data for 4 additional panes at 512mm to include the region around Messier 60.

Comments welcome.

CS

Manuel

4 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

My version of the Perseus MC Mosiac

Lovely image. Just started work on this myself. I hope I can do as well!

4 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

My version of the Perseus MC Mosiac

Attachments (1)
4 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

First try with the M42 RGB dataset (Job 1254).

Had to dump a lot of subs due to cloud/haze, but the data is still reasonable. Used HDRComposition in Pixinsight together with HDRMultiscaleTransform.

More to come with the L and Ha data, and maybe more to come from the RGB with a bit more work.

Attachments (1)
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham